So here I am with yet an another DIY Home Decor Idea for you. Imagine, you just bought an exquisite decoration for your lounge or your bedroom, and when you get home, You find out that you have run out of space for decorations or You have actually run out of space and are looking for new ways to make more space. Well, whatever the case, I have brought you a Cute DIY Idea for making Hanging Shelves which will provide room for your decorations and make more storage space for you. Previously we had built these Creative DIY Box Storage for walls but if you want to hang small shelves that would also serve as an art piece then get ready for this Cute DIY Idea. It’s going to awestruck you and amaze you how come you never thought of creating these Creative DIY Hanging Shelves yourself. If you are looking for another creative way to build shelves then check out these DIY Shelves made from Industrial Pipes.
- Wooden Board(s)
- Rope Cord
- Metal Rings
INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIY HANGING SHELVES:
- Let’s get DIY’ing. First of all, We have to cut our boards to size. I recommend a 24″ board in half.
- Next, We have to Drill two holes on exact opposing ends of the board. You can measure the exact distances between them or eyeball it.
- After that getting done with the holes, Now is the time to hang our first shelf. For that, we have to cut two pieces of cord to our desired length, But remember to leave space for the knotted ends. We recommend cutting two pieces of 40 inches cord. Fold the two pieces in half, and place the folded end beneath the metal ring. After that, Now be a bit careful, Pull the folded end over the metal ring. Then just drag the rest of the cord up and through the loop.
- Pull the cord taut to form the knot around the metal ring.
- Remember the drilling? Now’s the best part. Separate two of the strands and Pull each strand, one by one, through each of the drill holes. Repeat the same step on the opposite side.
- Adjust the length of the wire to make your DIY Hanging shelves hover as high or low as you desire.
- Once done, The last step is to tie knots at the end of each piece of cord so that the shelve remains balanced.
- Trim off the excess wire for tidiness.
Liked one of our Interesting DIY Ideas? Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so that you never miss an article again and follow us on Pinterest and Facebook to keep yourself updated about different projects of ours.